Real EstateFind a New HomeHomes for SaleFind an AgentApartments for RentInsuranceMortgagesThe history of First Baptist Church of Dublin, Georgia holds that on a Sunday afternoon in April, 1826, five women and three men met on the grounds of the Laurens County Courthouse for the purpose of organizing a church.
fields, both at home and abroad, and in its work of reaching out, drawing in, and sending forth in the mighty movement begun by our Lord when he was on earth
Other properties obtained include the Coleman and Duke buildings behind the church, land on Maiden Lane across from the church, and a corner lot each of the church. A pastorium was built on Geneva Street and was first occupied by Reverend Charles Allen, who followed Dr. Hodges. All of these acquisitions have increased the ministry of the church by supplying office space, parking space, and an activities center as well as a home for the pastor.
On the first Sunday of July 1997, Dr. Clifton Morris became pastor and continues to serve at this time. During his pastorate the Activities Center was completely renovated to become our Family Center. It is currently being used for many family related activities for church members and their guests.
string lessons were begun and a community band was organized. The music ministry also boast of both youth and adult handbell choirs.
became pastor when Dr. Hahn left, followed by Dr. William Wood. Wood was followed by Reverend Cary Wood, who served in an interim capacity. Reverend Lamar Holley came to the church in October 1983. He put together a full staff, including Associate Pastor, Reverend Wally Weaver, Minister of Music, Dick Burrell; Associate Pastor for Youth, Tommy Saxon; two secretaries, Mrs. Jane Asbell and Mrs. Elsie Rogers; and custodian, Bivins Smith. Reverend Jim Dorriety served as Interim Pastor following Reverend Holley's departure.
Always known far and wide for its splendid music, First Baptist has Dr. E. Bowman Barr to perform on the fine pipe organ (purchased during the ministry of Dr. C. D. Graves) and Mrs. Nancy Claxton to play the grand piano. In addition to the Chancel Choir, we have both Youth and Children choirs led by able church members, all under Lv Graffiti the direction of Dick Burrell. During the music ministry of Reverend Rob Nordan, Key Holder Lv
After Dr. Stanley R. Hahn succeeded Reverend Allen, two missions were established, on Moore Street and in East Dublin. When an independent Baptist Church disbanded and wanted to sell the building on Moore Street, the First Baptist Church purchased it, and members began a mission there. Chief among these members were Dr. M. Z. Claxton, Miss Virginia Graves, and Mr. C. E. Tripp. From this mission came a self sustaining church. The mission in East Dublin also became an independent church; Clearview Baptist. First Baptist also began two other churches: West Dublin Baptist and Jefferson Street Baptist. The first was located in the cotton mill district and closed when the mill closed. Jefferson Street has grown to become the largest church in the county. Reverend James Brown Louis Vuitton Epi Backpack
First Baptist Church of Dublin
First Baptist Church continues to lead in the associational work, to support the state work, and to contribute to the ongoing work of the convention. Members are sent out to the mission Louis Vuitton Kimono Red
Minutes of Popular Springs North Baptist Church dated October 25, 1829 reveal that it had become necessary to meet on the Sabbath each month in Dublin "for the purpose of receiving members and baptizing them." The minutes of February, 1831, record that a letter had been received from the "Brethren at Dublin" requesting help to assist in the constitution of a church in that place and that Brother Baker was requested to visit them for that purpose. In January 1834 Brother Baker became pastor of First Baptist Church in addition to his pastoral duties at Popular Springs. He succeeded the Reverend B. B. Buchanan, the first pastor of the Dublin church. The beautiful building which houses the sanctuary today was built in 1908 and was modeled after Melrose Abbey in Scotland. It is the third edifice that the church has had, and it has undergone major renovations and refurbishing as well as additions. A second educational annex was built during the pastorate of Reverend James Brown.
Puma Creepers Nordstrom