Louis Vuitton Totem
"They were told the kids were on the third floor," Keatley said. "They went up the scaffolding, broke out a window and entered into the third floor. They went in there and began searching for folks."
All five of the victims were dead by the time firefighters were able to reach them.
All of the home's occupants woke up during the fire, Callahan said. Lomer Johnson was leading his granddaughter out of a window on the second floor onto a flat roof that was being renovated. Johnson fell between the rafters and a board and was not initially visible to firefighters.
"They made a superhuman effort to get in there under difficult and adverse conditions," Keatley said, noting that the captain who led the effort suffered second degree burns to his face. He was one of four firefighters injured battling the blaze.
Tales of selfless heroism Backpack Lv Bag
Fire officials said they were unsure whether there were smoke detectors in the house. Sunday, someone brought embers from the home's fireplace to either a mudroom or an adjacent trash enclosure. The hot embers and ash discarded in that area caused the fire, which spread into the main building and spread, Callahan said.
Fireplace ash caused fatal blaze in Conn
"When he went through the window, his life ended," said Fire Chief Antonio Conte. Johnson's body was found on a roof outside one of the girl's bedroom windows. She was found on the other side of the window, Fire Chief Antonio Conte said.
Counseling has been made available to firefighters.
There were reports about the repeated efforts of Stamford firefighters to reach the children and their grandparents.
Johnson and his wife, Pauline, who live in Southbury and were visiting for the holiday, and their three granddaughters Lily, 10, and 7 year old twins Grace and Sarah Lv Crossbody Strap
died in the fire, Stamford police Sgt. Paul Guzda said.
The president of Stamford's firefighters union said firefighters on Engine 4, the first pumper to arrive at the fire, used a ladder to reach a roof, then climbed scaffolding to get into the burning home's third floor.
Throughout the Louis Vuitton Case Iphone
STAMFORD, Conn. Stamford fire Louis Vuitton Totem officials said Tuesday that discarded ash from a fireplace appears to have caused the Christmas morning fire that killed three children and their grandparents.
The girls' mother, Madonna Badger, and a male companion survived the fire. Conte said Badger had to be restrained because she was attempting to go back into the burning house.
began emerging Tuesday from the fire that shocked the community of Shippan Point.
day Tuesday, people stopped by the house to view the wreckage and pay their respects. Mike Capalbo said he walked for more than an hour to reach the scene. He said he did not know the family, but felt compelled to see for himself what was left of the house.
Badger "was outside and let the guys know the kids were inside as well as her parents," said Brendan Keatley, the union president.
"The fact that it happened Christmas morning makes it that much sadder," he said. "I just couldn't believe it. It is such a sad story. I just had to see it for myself."
Louis Vuitton Totem
Louis Vuitton Backpack Men Brown